The FAQ structured data markup is used for data structuring of FAQ pages. A FAQ page is a Frequently Asked Questions Page containing a list of questions and answers concerning a topic. FAQ pages that are makeup up correctly can be eligible to appear as rich results on Google search and Action on the Google Assistant, helping your website reach the correct users.
HOW DO I ADD STRUCTURED DATA TO MY FAQ PAGE?
- Ensure to add the said properties using the JSON-LD Structured data format.
- Follow the listed Guidelines.
- Validate the said code using the Rich Results Test.
- Deploy a few structured data pages and use the URL inspection tool to see how Google sees the page. Ensure that your page is Google accessible and not blocked by a robots.txt file, n0index tag or login requirements. If the page looks alright, ask Google to crawl your URLs.
- Use a sitemap to keep Google informed about future changes.
PRO TIP: The FAQ Rich results are accessible in all countries and languages which use Google Search. The feature is available on both desktop and mobile devices.
WHAT ARE THE GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW?
Apart From the General Structured and Webmasters Guidelines, the following guidelines need to be followed:
- Content Guidelines:
Ensure to use the FAQPage entity only when your page has a list of questions and answers.
Use the QAPage property for a page having a single question where users can submit alternate answers.
- Avoid using FAQ pages for advertising purposes.
- Ensure that every question includes the entire text of the question and every answer includes the entire text of the answer.
- Questions and Answers about any obscene, profane, sexually explicit, graphically violent, promotion of dangerous or illegal activities are not eligible to appear as a rich result.
- All FAQ content must be visible to users on the source page.
- In case you have repetitive FAQ content on your website, mark up only one instance of that FAQ on your website.
WHAT ARE THE VARIOUS PROPERTIES OF THE FAQ MARKUP?
- FAQPage: The said property states that the page is an FAQ page. There should be one FAQ type definition per page.
- MainEntity: A line-up of Question elements that comprise the list of answered questions about the topic the FAQ page is all about.
- Question: the entity holds a single answered question within the FAQ.
Every Question entity must be contained within the MainEntity property array of the FAQ schema markup.
- AcceptedAnswer: The said answer to the question. Every question must have an answer.
- Name: The sai Full text of the question or the said question. Example: How long does it take to open a bank account?
Answer: The property defines the AcceptedAnswer to every Question of the page
Text: The entity contains the full answer to the question. The answer might contain HTML links and Lists.
PRO TIP: Please refer to the previous posts of the Al About Structured Data Series for information related to Monitoring Rich Results with Search Console and fixing troubleshooting problems.