The Logo Markup is used for specifying an organization’s Logo Image.
With the help of the Logo Markup, Google Algorithms display the said logo in Google’s knowledge graphs which have a powerful influence on SEO.
The Logo markup structures the logo, whenever a google search is made concerning the said company, the logo or image is displayed with the Company Name.
HOW DO I ADD THE LOGO MARKUP?
- Specify the required properties using JSON-LD structured data.
- Abide the Structured data guidelines.
- Validate your structured data code using the Rich Results Test.
- Deploy your structured data pages and use the URL inspection tool for testing how Google sees the page. Make sure your page is Google accessible and not blocked by robot.texts, the .noindex tag or login requirements. If the page is ok, then let Google recrawl the URLs
- Submit a sitemap for informing Google about future website related changes.
PRO TIP: Re-Crawling and Re-Indexing might take several days after publishing a page for Google to find it and crawl it.
WHAT ARE THE VARIOUS PROPERTIES OF THE LOGO MARKUP?
Google needs to recognise the properties of an Organisation for structuring the Logo Markup. Properties like address, the aggregate rating, etc. form the various organisation entities and need to be added for the data structure.
The Required Properties of the schema:
- Logo: URL of the said logo that represents the organization.
- URL: The website URL associated with the Logo.
HOW TO FIX TROUBLESHOOTING PROBLEMS?
- For problems related to errors in structured data, Google provides a list of structured data errors.
- You can try the Troubleshoot missing Rich Results Test/ Drop-in total rich results test.
- Check the Webmaster FAQ FOR general questions related to Crawling and Indexing.
- You can always pop questions in the Webmaster Office Hours.
- Or Post questions in the Webmaster Forum.
In the next post of the All About Data Structure Series, I will throw light on how Software applications are marked up using structured data.