However, the Page Experience Update was
Google Algorithm updates are every SEO consultant’s nightmare owing to its rudeness, lack of information, warning or, at times, detailed information that confuses SEO consultants even more!
However, the Page Experience Update was an exception algorithm update announced a year in advance and detailed.
What Is Google’s Page Experience Update?
On May 28, 2020, Google announced its latest update: Page Experience Update, set to release in 2021.
Google’s Page Experience Update focuses on customer-website interactions. It measures various aspects of how users perceive the experience of webpage interactions. Whether or not they like the businesses taking place between the webpages and them. Optimizing several factors that lead to an enhanced user-webpage interaction leads to an optimized and user-centric, and friendly experience across all web browsers and surfaces, helping sites evolve better towards users expectations on mobile platforms. This update will help increase optimized user website interactions.
How Should I Prepare My Website For The Google Page Experience Update?
- Increase Your Website’s Mobile Friendliness
Mobile-friendliness is an integral part of this update, having a significant impact on your website’s ranking. Google stated switching to mobile-first indexing all sites beginning from September 2020. You can use Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test to know whether or not your website is mobile responsive.
In case your website is not responsive, it has higher chances of being negatively affected by the Page Experience Update.
- For Blogs:
WordPress is an ideal option for blog-based websites. It is a highly rated web design software and offers responsive design with a wide range of plugins for improving website responsiveness. It also provides a community of developers providing advice and help if you face any problems. You have all the elements needed for making your website user friendly.
- For E-Commerce Websites:
A better option is to migrate your websites to mobile-friendly e-commerce solutions like Shopify or BigCommerce.
Google Has Highlighted On A Few Points That Make A Good Mobile Site:
- Keep Your website Menus Short And Organized
- Make sure that your images and texts are responsive
- Always Ensure that your logo on your mobile site directly takes users to your homepage.
2. Improve Your Website’s Speed
No user likes interacting with websites at a slow speed. When a site’s loading time increases from one second to three seconds, the user bouncing rate can increase by 32%, and when it further increase to 6 seconds, your bounce rate increases by 106%. You can check your website’s page speed by entering your website’s URL Google’s Page Speed Insights.
Once you check your website’s page speed and complete the tasks given by this tool for improving your website’s speed, ensure to follow the below steps:
- Compress All The Images On Your Website using the new WebP Format for both lossy and lossless compressions.
- Use A Content Distribution Network (CDN).
- Develop & Create Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs ) Of Your Website
- opt For Asynchronous Loading
- Ensure Browser Caching
3. Make Your Website Content-Centric:
Improve your website’s content by focusing on the following tips:
- Ensure your content is trustworthy by adding authoritative links to familiar and trusted websites within the industry.
- Have quality filled content written by an experienced writer with proven knowledge and qualifications.
- Include relevant and high-resolution images matching the content and not random photos.
- Ensure your content is free of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Have a compelling and attractive headline that forces the users to read your website content. Also, use relevant subheadings for helping users understand your articles better.
- Make your content data-driven, signaling google. You are an expert content creator and also include relevant examples that help you clarify your points better.
More than 74% of marketers use content marketing for promoting their business, making it essential to produce high-quality posts.
4. Improve Your Website’s Security:
Remember, low website security leads to a negative impact on your SEO rankings. Ensure your site is not hacked by criminals by checking your Google Search Console to know if your site has any security issues. You can also use Google’s Transparency Report for knowing how Google identifies unsafe websites. Also, implement an SSL certificate for Your website’s certificates provide authentication of an encrypted website connection strengthening your website’s security and turning your website into an HTTPS.
5. Use Heatmaps For Finding Usability Issues:
With the help of heatmaps, you know what your site visitors do on your website, the pages they navigate to, the content they interact with, etc. These insights help you improve your website designs resulting in an enhance page experience. You can use a Hotjar or Crazy Egg tool to know what users experience when engaging with your website.
6. Reduce Your Website’s Bounce Rates:
Although bounce rates are not a core metric associated with the Page experience update, the metric indicates the value your webpage provides to its users.
Here are some useful ways of reducing your website’s bounce rates:
- Limit the number of CTAs on your website that can cause confusion among visitors.
- Make use of videos and images on your homepage and other important pages that engage your audience.
- Make your website navigation more straightforward.
- Try and add internal links on each page. You can also add plugins.
A bounce rate of 26-46% is considered acceptable; anything beyond 40% indicates that you need to start working on the website.
7. Remove Unnecessary Elements:
Nothing annoys users more than seeing unnecessary pop-ups when interacting with your website. They want their problems to be solved conveniently when interacting with your website. Extreme elements lead to a poor user experience impacting negatively by the Page Experience Update.
Add pop-ups on your webpage only when necessary and needed. Remove all ads appearing before the main content loads fully.
Our Digital Marketing Firm In Mumbai Makes Your Websites Ready For The Google Page Experience Update:
We at GBIM Technologies provide top-notch digital marketing services in Mumbai. Our dynamic and enthusiastic team of digital marketers are updated on all the latest Google algorithm updates and aim at making your website fully optimized and prepared for a positive user experience.
Visit our website www.gbim.com to know more about our digital marketing services.